ForexBrokers.com is committed to the highest ethical standards and reviews services independently. Learn How We Make Money
TD Ameritrade Forex Review
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage.
Between 74-89% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs.
You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. This content is intended for information and educational purposes only and should not be considered investment advice or investment recommendation.
TD Ameritrade’s thinkorswim platform offers over 70 tradeable currency pairs alongside a plethora of impressive tools, research, and education. For traders in the U.S., TD Ameritrade provides the ultimate trading technology experience.
- Minimum Deposit: $0.00
Trust Score: 99
- Tradeable Symbols (Total) : N/A
TD Ameritrade pros & cons
- TD Ameritrade is publicly traded (NYSE: SCHW) and regulated in four tier-1 jurisdictions.
- TD Ameritrade is trusted by over 11 million clients, with over $1 trillion in assets.
- Part of Charles Schwab Corporation since October 2020, with a combined 28 million clients and $6 trillion in assets.
- The availability of currency ETFs, exchange-traded forex futures, and options on forex futures elevate TD Ameritrade’s already-impressive forex offering.
- The thinkorswim platform left us so impressed that it won our award for Best Desktop Platform for 2022.
- In-house research from TD Ameritrade’s Ticker Tape hub and TD Ameritrade Network.
- Third-party market news integration from sources like CNBC, Dow Jones, Thomson Reuters, Morningstar, and FXWirePro.
- Learning Center boasts over 400 pieces of content — both written and audio-visual — many of which are forex-related.
- Robust multimedia offering, including a well-maintained YouTube channel, and a catalogue of archived webinars with quality content such as its Trader Talks Webcasts.
- As a U.S.-only forex broker, TD Ameritrade does not offer copy trading or MetaTrader (MT4).
- Live video broadcasting is more focused on equities markets and futures than forex.
- With average spreads close to 1.2 pips on the EUR/USD, pricing is slightly above the industry average.
- Only available for U.S. clients (see our complete review of TD Ameritrade for U.S. traders on our sister site, StockBrokers.com).
|Offering of Investments|
|Commissions & Fees|
|Platforms & Tools|
|Mobile Trading Apps|
Is TD Ameritrade safe?
TD Ameritrade is considered low-risk, with an overall Trust Score of 99 out of 99.
TD Ameritrade is publicly traded, does operate a bank, and is authorised by four tier-1 regulators (high trust), zero tier-2 regulators (average trust), and zero tier-3 regulators (low trust). TD Ameritrade is authorised by the following tier-1 regulators: Securities Futures Commission (SFC), Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Learn more about Trust Score.
|Publicly Traded (Listed)||Yes|
2022 Review Methodology
For our 2022 Forex Broker Review we assessed, rated, and ranked 39 international forex brokers over a three-month time period resulting in over 50,000 words of published research.
Each broker was graded on 113 different variables, including our proprietary Trust Score algorithm. This innovative scoring system ranks the level of trustworthiness for each broker based on factors such as licenses, regulation and corporate structure. Read about Trust Score here.
As part of our annual review process, all brokers had the opportunity to provide updates and key milestones and complete an in-depth data profile, which we hand-checked for accuracy.
Ultimately, our rigorous data validation process yields an error rate of less than .1% each year, providing site visitors with quality data they can trust. Learn more about how we test.
Forex Risk Disclaimer
There is a very high degree of risk involved in trading securities. With respect to margin-based foreign exchange trading, off-exchange derivatives, and cryptocurrencies, there is considerable exposure to risk, including but not limited to, leverage, creditworthiness, limited regulatory protection and market volatility that may substantially affect the price, or liquidity of a currency or related instrument. It should not be assumed that the methods, techniques, or indicators presented in these products will be profitable, or that they will not result in losses.Read more on forex trading risks.
About the Author
Steven Hatzakis is the Global Director of Research for ForexBrokers.com. Steven previously served as an Editor for Finance Magnates, where he authored over 1,000 published articles about the online finance industry. Steven is an active fintech and crypto industry researcher and advises blockchain companies at the board level. Over the past 20 years, Steven has held numerous positions within the international forex markets, from writing to consulting to serving as a registered commodity futures representative.
Trading CFDs, FX, and cryptocurrencies involves a high degree of risk. All providers have a percentage of retail investor accounts that lose money when trading CFDs with their company. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money and whether you understand how CFDs, FX, and cryptocurrencies work. All data was obtained from a published website as of 01/10/2022 and is believed to be accurate, but is not guaranteed. The ForexBrokers.com staff is constantly working with its online broker representatives to obtain the latest data. If you believe any data listed above is inaccurate, please contact us using the “Contact” link at the bottom of this page.
The names, products, services, branding/logos, and other trademarks or images featured or cited within this website (www.forexbrokers.com) are the property of their respective owners and the owners retain all legal rights therein. These trademark holders are not affiliated with ForexBrokers.com and the use or display of names, trademarks or service marks of another is not a representation that the other is affiliated with, sponsors, or endorses ForexBrokers.com or any of its reviews, products, or services. ForexBrokers.com declares no affiliation, sponsorship, nor any partnership with any trademark holders unless otherwise stated.
Can I Trade Forex With Td Ameritrade
Posted by: derivbinary.com